The Salamanders of Europe, Asia and Northern Africa
- Author: Max Sparreboom
- Price: € 125,-
A new in-depth reference work covering all the salamander species of Europe, Asia, and Northern Africa. A marvellous addition for the herp community that comes recommended for researchers, managers, conservationists, students, and salamander enthusiasts.
- features information on biology and life history of salamanders
- includes over 160 species of Europe, Asia, and Northern Africa
- focuses on habitat, behaviour and reproduction
- information on identification, eggs and larvae, and threats and species conservation
- beautifully illustrated with color photographs, distribution maps and drawings
- an extensive reference list.
Max Sparreboom is a research associate of the Naturalis Biodiversity Center, Leiden (NL), with a long-standing interest in the amphibian fauna of Europe and Asia.
Keywords: Amphibia, amphibians, herpetology, herpetofauna, tetrapod vertebrates
In cooperation with Naturalis Biodiversity Center (The Netherlands).