Books on Wildlife, Nature & Conservation
KNNV Uitgeverij - KNNV Publishing
Boulevard 12, NL - 3707 BM Zeist
Postbus 310, NL - 3700 AH Zeist
T +31 (0) 30 233 35 44
"A stupendous piece of work.” - Redmond O'Hanlon
- Author: Anne S. Troelstra
- Price: € 225,-
- With this book Troelstra gives us a superb overview of natural history travel narratives. The well over four thousand detailed entries, ranging over four centuries and all major western European languages, are drawn from a wide range of sources and include both printed books and periodical contributions. While no subject bibliography by a single author can attain absolute completeness, Troelstra’s work is comprehensive to a truly remarkable degree.
Berichten uit een vergeten landschap
- Author: Anneke de Bundel en Nicole Franken
- Price: € 19,95
- In 'On fairies and bullet holes' journalist Anneke de Bundel and photographer Nicole Franken travel through Norway, Iceland, Bosnia, Iraq, Ireland and Scotland. They meet people in remote areas. Areas where volcanoes, violence and loneliness can erupt anytime and where people do what they do best: survive.
- Author: Th.C.W. Oudemans in samenwerking met Norbert Peeters
- Price: € 24,95
- You like to see yourself someone who independently thinks, gathers information, and takes decisions. Although you recognize that you are influenced by instinct and genes, you are so less than animals, let alone plants and trees. They can't move, don't think, don't take decisions, and don't cooperate the way higher organisms do. Or so you thought ...
A reference work on nature photography
- Author: Bart Siebelink en Edo van Uchelen
- Price: € 29,95
- Bestselling reference work
- This complete revised fourth edition of the bestselling reference work Handboek Natuurfotografie will take your nature photography to the next level with the help of practical assignments and new photos. The Handboek Natuurfotografie+ shows you nature close to home and how to make fascinating images of it.
Botanical Revolution: The Botany of Charles Darwin
- Author: Norbert Peeters
- Price: € 24,95
- Darwin's botanical work was of great influence on our views on plants, but has largely been forgotten. In this richly illustrated account Norbert Peeters introduces the reader to Darwin's botanical insights and discoveries in an accessible manner. He places these in an evolutionary context and shows how they still affect the world of plant biology today.
Door John Gould & Jacques Grégoire
- Author: Jip Binsbergen en Achsa Vissel
- Price: € 29,95
- In Australische Vogels the works of John Gould and Jacques Grégoire have been brought together for the first time. Both artists employ a unique style, and yet the images complement each other, and together pay tribute to the birds of Australia. A beautiful release voor lovers of birds, travel, and art.
The utility of biodiversity in evolutionary perspective
- Author: Gerard Jagers op Akkerhuis
- Price: € 3,99
- eBook suitable for pc, e-reader and tablet
- What use is biodiversity, and does it matter if species die out? These controversial questions arouse considerable debate. Most people believe they represent a moral dilemma, but this book shows that it is possible to explore them in a scientific way.
Wetlands and birds in a changing Sahel
- Author: Leo Zwarts, Rob Bijlsma, Jan van der Kamp, Eddy Wymenga
- Price: € 69,-
- Please order via NHBS of Brill.com
- 'This book provides a step-change in our knowledge of Sahel migrants. A fascinating read for those who want to know more about European birds in the Sahel zone than they can find in European bird journals.' British Birds